How to Access eTextbooks in Brightspace
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to access your eTextbooks.
Or scroll down for instructions on how to register.
Access Your Brightspace Course
- Log into Brightspace and select your course.
- Click any link to Cengage content to continue the registration process.
- Not sure where to click? Ask your instructor or try clicking on a few links. You’ll know you’ve clicked the right one when you see the Cengage login screen.
Be Sure to Enable Pop Ups!
Your course materials will open in a new tab or window, so you’ll need to ensure that pop-ups are enabled. If your browser does not have pop-ups enabled, we can help fix that!Learn How
Link Your Cengage and LMS Accounts
If you already have a Cengage account, log in now. New to Cengage? Click “Create Student Account” and register. We recommend using your school email.
To verify your account, open the ‘Welcome to Cengage’ email you just received and click ‘Activate Cengage Account’ to set your password and complete the registration process. Be sure to use the same device and browser to create and verify your account.
*You might already have a Cengage account if you’ve used MindTap, CengageNOWv2, OWLv2, SAM, WebAssign or another Cengage platform in a different course.
Linking your accounts is a one-time process. If you’ve previously completed this step for another course, you won’t be prompted to do it again.
Enroll in your Course
You’ve found your eTextbook! If you purchased an access code, click “Enter your access code” to redeem it. Don’t have a code? Click “Continue”.
Access Your eTextbook
Purchase the eTextbook for just this class.
- Click “BUY PRODUCT” to purchase access to the eTextbook you need for this course.
- If you already redeemed an access code, click “Continue” to get started.
You can save money if you have courses using Cengage materials.
- If you only need Cengage eTextbooks, click “BUY CENGAGE UNLIMITED ETEXTBOOKS” under Cengage Unlimited eTextbooks which gets you access to our entire eTextbook library.
- One subscription is all you need. It can be used across all your classes that use Cengage eTextbooks.