How to Register for SAM in Moodle
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to register for your course.
Or scroll down for instructions on how to register.
Access Your Moodle Course
- Log into Moodle and select your course.
- Click any link to Cengage content to continue the registration process.
- Not sure where to click? Ask your instructor or try clicking on a few links. You’ll know you’ve clicked the right one when you see the Cengage login screen.
Be Sure to Enable Pop Ups!
Your course materials will open in a new tab or window, so you’ll need to ensure that pop-ups are enabled. If your browser does not have pop-ups enabled, we can help fix that!Learn How
Link Your Cengage and LMS Accounts
If you already have a Cengage account, log in now. New to Cengage? Click “Create Student Account” and register. We recommend using your school email.
To verify your account, open the ‘Welcome to Cengage’ email you just received and click ‘Activate Cengage Account’ to set your password and complete the registration process. Be sure to use the same device and browser to create and verify your account.
*You might already have a Cengage account if you’ve used MindTap, CengageNOWv2, OWLv2, SAM, WebAssign or another Cengage platform in a different course.
Linking your accounts is a one-time process. If you’ve previously completed this step for another course, you won’t be prompted to do it again.
Enroll in Your Course
You’ve found your course materials! This includes access to your eTextbook and assignments. If you purchased an access code, click “Enter your access code” to redeem it. Don’t have a code? Click “Continue”.
Access Your Course Materials
Purchase the materials for just this course.
- Click “BUY NOW” to purchase access to the materials you need for this course.
- Not ready to buy? Click “Start Temporary Access” to access your course materials now and make a purchase decision later.
- If you already redeemed an access code, click “Continue” to get started.
You can save money if you have multiple courses using Cengage materials.
- Click “BUY NOW” to purchase access to Cengage Unlimited, a plan that includes access to all your Cengage online homework, eTextbooks, study tools, at least four FREE hardcopy textbook rentals ($9.99 S&H) and more.
- To see if a Cengage Unlimited plan is the right fit for you, check your other courses to see if they are using Cengage products as well. You can also upgrade later.
NOTE: If you entered into Temporary Access for your course materials, you’ll need to make a purchase decision once your access expires. Click “Review Purchase Options” on your dashboard to review all your options. Want to learn more about Cengage Unlimited and your purchase options? Check out this short video for more info!